Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Display cabinets

I finally got my display cabinets fully installed and wired up thanks to a local 'sparky' friend. Also secured to wall, so hope will with stand a wobble or two, that we can get in this part of the world.


They were ordered from Barrie at NZIW LTD in Auckland, and shipped flat packed to my home. It was quite an ordeal assembling them; instructions, yes I am a man but I read them!, were somewhat tricky, to figure out, but I got there in the end, and once I had figured out the first one, the second two were completed fairly quickly, with a little assistance; you nearly always need an extra pair of hands just to hold something, while you fit another part to it... I must admit I was constantly awaiting the sound of breaking glass, but thankfully it never came.


The last part was getting power to them and then fastening them to wall for security.

They came with Halogen lights, but I may look to switch to LED lights as these will be cheaper to run. However I will only have them switched on when I am using the room, which is not as frequently as I would like, so no worries really there.

Well they are up and full of the figures I have been busy with over the last 6 years or so. I can fit more in as needed, and get extra glass shelving too when the time comes that it is needed.

In the meantime, my unpainted hordes stare jealously at their potential new home!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, very, very sexy!

    Did I happen to mention I am a lighting consultant...?

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys,

    Joe - I didnt know. Had I known I would have sought your advice.
    What do you reckon, stay with Halogen or switch to LED?
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPERB! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Roly. If you hadn't raised the issue of my previous 'precarious' shelving, I would never have got them. Thanks for your motivation.
    Cheers
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous. They really show off your collection. Well done!

    Curt

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...